Monday 4 June 2012

Wheel Arches

Time had come to finally sort out "what lay beneath" and if you remember it was particularly awful.

Pretty grim

The wheel arches were in a pretty sorry state but it was just one of those jobs I hadn't got round to until today. I gave the underside of the arches a good sand, getting rid of all the rust and such like. I then wacked on a bit of primer, followed by some stone chip and then finally some matt black which I had bought for the rear tail light panel. Also added new rubber seal trim to the back edge of the wheel arch but forgot to take a picture.

Stone chip added. Also check out the Hello Kitty blanket.... er... sorry about that.

Matt black and that's not overspray in the background I'm not that bad.

Both sides done and the blanket which I use to catch the rust and overspray. Honest. 

Just got to get round to the underside of the bonnet now, which is a bit dirty and the paint is all cracked but I will be looking at some other stuff before then. The tailgate and the bottom of the rear valance are currently upper most in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment